sobre mí
Sobre Mí...
Perfectly imperfect.
Wonderfully horrid.
An avid demonstrator of all things detrimental and splendid.
A perfect example of how not to live your life unless you are absolutely ready to start living it.
Wonderfully horrid.
An avid demonstrator of all things detrimental and splendid.
A perfect example of how not to live your life unless you are absolutely ready to start living it.
Weekend Trio
Sunday, April 17, 2011 in cooking, family, weekend
Spicy Walnuts
First weekend, just us three. It's only 2 days. I can't imagine anything like a year but there it is, a very real possibility.
K's baseball class in Chester was uneventful - neither good or bad, just costing me money. He usually does well but grew bored very quickly of the warm-ups, bean-bag tossing and running bases.
The weather is rainy and cold, very windy too. Honestly I like it. Love the smell, the freshness of it. At Jamie's house, she called it gross, said that it was just so gross outside and I'm thinking I love it all the more for being the non-favorite.
While driving there, I missed my turn off the main road. Pulled into a restaurant drive-way to turn-around and was immediately faced with a car slowly approaching in reverse. The driver was about to hit me until I honked. As I pulled away, Bebe said, "He needs to eat more carrots, Mom!" Now that made me laugh, both of these babies are funny.
Bobey has done wonderfully all weekend, I can tell he's forlorn and misses Drew. We all do. He's sat by the front door on more than occasion simply waiting out the hours. As I am too no doubt, busying myself with all things household and the unsurmountable piles of laundry. But I'm doing it, all the while wondering what it would be like to be like this for a year. I don't want to think about it.
We'll be stateside for almost 9 months now. All these changes have been difficult, challenging and the rate of chaos has me anticipating yet another. I can deal with anything: relocations, insane expenses, burying a family pet, a family member, a flood of family members for the holidays, a flood of water, and even a flood of work-related frustration. A year long deployment, no I don't know about that. Just can't see myself without Drew. Don't know but I know there's no sense in not trying. I'd do anything.



