sobre mí
Sobre Mí...
Perfectly imperfect.
Wonderfully horrid.
An avid demonstrator of all things detrimental and splendid.
A perfect example of how not to live your life unless you are absolutely ready to start living it.
Wonderfully horrid.
An avid demonstrator of all things detrimental and splendid.
A perfect example of how not to live your life unless you are absolutely ready to start living it.
Another Night, Another Saturday
Saturday, March 19, 2011 in weekend
Softball games from the early morning 'til evening. Only I wasn't there; the babies and I stayed home. We slept in, woke for cereal and Saturday morning cartoons. Coffee in the am and cold air rushing in through the open windows of our house. Smells of earth. Too cold not to wear socks.
Since my two children don't get TV Monday - Thursday, they get free reign come Saturday morning. We watched NickJr until the afternoon then headed for the park. I minded it; I really didn't want to go but hey, that's what Mom's do right? It was cold and the grounds were still a little muddy. My boots sunk into the ground as I followed them around from slide to see-saw. With the promise of hot cocoa we finally made it home.
No, not a spectacular Saturday but still good; spending time with my babies is always good. They're funny, challenging and genuinely amazing individuals. Sometimes I wish we had another child but realistically two children are just fine. It's expensive raising a family! And always looming on the horizon is the cost of college, is the dispersement of wealth, is the legacy of what I will be able to leave behind for them. I want to give my two everything I have. Selfish maybe, but I want not to dilute what I have accumulated so far in my life for them.
Having another child is not something I constantly think about but there are those few moments when I wish for another baby Andrew. That's just about the moment that I am jolted back into reality by the mortgage, the bills, the college savings and the responsibility of being a responsible working mom and I know it is just not an option. I think we are doing right; making the right choice for both ourselves and our children.
