sobre mí

Sobre Mí...
Perfectly imperfect.
Wonderfully horrid.
An avid demonstrator of all things detrimental and splendid.
A perfect example of how not to live your life unless you are absolutely ready to start living it.

Another Wonderful Day

Monday, May 23, 2011 in , , , ,

Fast Monday.  9pm already and onto Tuesday.  Tomorrow, dance class for both of these babies.  A first for  my son.  I'm so not sure how he will like it so I have yet to purchase his dance shoes.  Drew says this first experience at dance will be his last.  He joked but no, not really.  With baseball training complete, there aren't very many options for sports, not yet.  Not until the Summer programs begin.

Pre-K graduation in less than 2 weeks and I, as a volunteer, have taken on the task of hemming graduation gowns.  Yikes!  YouTube has great how-to's and for that I am grateful.  Five down.  It's going to be a busy week.


Saving Sea Turtles by James Spotila

Tonight we read another page out of Bijou's sea turtle book.  There are very few photos in this 240 page book.  I try to ease them into the reading, try to get their attention with the graphic descriptions.  We discussed egg poaching, oil spills and the word "species".






Encyclopedia of Dinosaurs and Other Prehistoric Creatures

All the while, Kade held onto his pocked-size Encyclopedia of Dinosaurs.  I swear it is an extension of his arm; so small yet plentiful.  A new dinosaur at every page flip.








Bijou surprised all of us.  Following her U.S. Presidents flashcards, she sang all 44 presidents in order, even got Cleveland's non-successive terms.  We recorded her and inside, I am kinda jealous that I didn't get to teach her the Presidents.  She learned this is at school and she & her friends sing it during playtime.  I shouldn't be jealous, I know.  But I am.




We also did flash cards, brushing up on the three and four letter words.  There are a few "big" words that they know:  telephone, pumpkin and umbrella.  And since Kade bit off a piece of a flashcard, they always know the word "elephant".



I found our Japanese translation book, perused that and practiced the colors:  pinku, murasaki, aka ... Kade laughed when we practiced the numbers.  He said "ichi" rhymed with "chee chee".

I also found Kade's wooden alphabet board, his from when he was 2.  I remember his small fingers on the wooden squares, placing them in their alphabet space.



It takes a lot of imagination to be a good photographer. You need less imagination to be a painter, because you can invent things.

But in photography everything is so ordinary; it takes a lot of looking before you learn to see the extraordinary.

David Bailey 1938-, British Photographer

Followers